Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Paris day 6

bonjour tout le monde!!
I'm sorry for my daily blog posts about my trip to Europe. It's the one of the ways for me to look back and remember what my hubby and I did that specific day. But anywho... 
Today the hubby and I had to wake up extra early to line up at the Eiffel Tower, so we can queue up. It began to rain hard when we got out of the hotel, so instead of walking the 15 minutes... We got lazy and took a taxi instead hahahaha lame! I know! Lol

So when we got to the tower, there was already a small queue. 
Here's a photo from the underside of the tower. 


There were probably 150-200 people ahead of us at the line when we got there 15 minutes after the tower opened, but it was still 4x shorter than the a couple of days ago; when the queue itself coiled like a long snake around 2 legs of the Eiffel Tower. 

Oh, Here's a photo of the bust of Gustave Eiffel, the engineer and architect who created the famous Eiffel Tower. 


Anywho, even with the shorter line, it still took us over an hour to get to the top of the Eiffel Tower. 
Here's some photos of the city below. 

Champ de mars. 





We then had lunch at le bailli de suffren restaurant beside the Eiffel Tower.
I had, Pâté de Campagne (country pâté) and spaghetti bolognaise (spaghetti bolognese); and my hubby had jambon, fromage suisse, tomate, et le beurre dans une baguette française (ham, swiss cheese, tomato, butter in a baguette) and sauce au chocolat aux noisettes avec des bananes crêpe (hazelnut chocolate and banana crepe)

 
 But the best part of the meal was the croissants that was served to us before our dishes came!! Omg it was so good!! The best croissants I've ever had in my life. 


We then toured around some more in Paris, swinging by the moulin rouge windmill. Unfortunately, it began to pour so hard that the rain was going sideways.  Lol it was so mental! I couldn't believe my eyes! It was fine and cloudy one minutes and the next second it was raining cats and dogs! 
At the end of the day, we decided to go  to Le Notre Paris to buy some more macarons.... The macarons from Le Notre Paris were so amazing!!! The Flavours - cherry, some French liquor (It starts with an M), apricot, jasmine with gold flakes and chocolate.


Anyways, tomorrow is out last day in the city of love :) see you then!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace, I think it is awesome that you are blogging your wonderful trip with your husband. I for one love to see all your pictures and read where you went and what you ate. I doubt that I will ever get to go to Paris, but for me seeing it through your eyes is a gift from you. It is wonderful that you are sharing this with us all. So glad that you guys finally made it to the top. How fun was that? What a view I am sure was even more gorgeous in person. Have fun. Hugs Lisa G

    ReplyDelete