Sunday, May 4, 2014

Paris day 3

salut tout le monde!
Wow! We had another gorgeous day in Paris. It was sunny but the breeze kept us cool. The hubby and I had an early start this morning... Because today, we  were determined to get into a couple of famous but extremely busy museums. The first one being the Louvre. 

Here's a photo from the outside and inside under the glass pyramid. The line went all the way around the pyramid, but their museum entrance system was very organized and there were 4 ticket kiosks inside the Louvre. So we only waited online to get in for about 30 minutes and another 10 for the tickets. 


Oh we met a couple of beautiful ladies in the Louvre too! Hehe 

After, my hubby and I decided to walk to Ponts des Arts bridge where lovers "lock" their love and throw the key into the River Seine. He and I also decide to do this romantic gesture :) 


We then braved the lines at musee d'orsay (Orsay Museum) for about 40 minutes. In line, we met the nicest and friendliest Ohio/ Hawaiian American (Dave) and he made the time pass by more quickly :)
The hubby and I then rushed through the crowds and queued up to see one of our favourite artist Vincent Van Gogh. We also saw my favourite impressionist artists Renoir, Monet, Manet and Degas. 


In the musee d'orsay, there's this little cafe where we had the most amazing dish called " tourte poulet et champignons" in English - Chicken and mushroom pie. It was so good!!! The salad had a mushroom vinaigrette dressing. Yum!!! I have to learn how to make this one day! 

As you can see in the photo I was so hungry I dove right into the pie and sliced it lol

 Finally, after a long day, we decided to walk down the Avenue des Champs-Elysées and window shop (the Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Tiffany and co stores were a few places we saw). There was a ceremony at The Arc de Triomphe so we couldn't get very close to the arc. 


Anywho, my legs were so tired by this point and I was seriously dragging them behind. *phew*!!! Until tomorrow folks. 
I will leave you a photo of the Eiffel Tower light show and the crescent moon. Goodnight! 



No comments:

Post a Comment