Saturday, May 3, 2014

Paris day 2

Bonjour!!!
I can't believe we're in Paris already and our trip is 1/2 over :( But anywho, I'm excited about going around Paris and seeing the popular places :) 

(Btw, I woke up at midnight and looked out my window... And voila!!! The Eiffel Tower lights has been lit up...)


So, Today my hubby and I decide to sleep in and go to the Notre Dame Cathedral. Oh my goodness! It was beautiful!! I couldn't believe my eyes! 

Here are photos from the inside and outside... Note: There was a lot of odd people outside of the cathedral... So we really had to hold on to our belongings (people randomly bumping into you, standing too close, or brushing up beside you) 



I also lit a candle and said a little prayer to my patron saint St. Therese

After, we also went to the base of the Eiffel Tower... But the line up was over 2 hours long and it was getting dark and there were more shady people popping up (AND thank you to those who have warned me about the pickpockets around Paris)

Here's the photo of the Eiffel Tower from the bottom... It was so large I couldn't fit it all in my camera. 

 ... So instead, we decided to postpone going up the Eiffel Tower for another day and walk to a bakery (in french - Boulangerie patisserie) called "Frédéric Sicard Boulangerie". This bakery is on - 34 Avenue de Suffren, 75015 Paris and we bought a couple of macarons. We also walked to a local monoprix near the Paris military school (monoprix I would say is like the French equivalent of target or Walmart... It has everything from beauty to groceries)


Anywho tomorrow we have a jammed pack day :) and my feet are barking from all the walking. Seriously when I get back to Canada I will need to spend extra time at the gym burning all of these French pastries. Lol. 
À bientôt!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Grace, WOW I have just been going back all of your posts and first let me say Happy 3rd Anniversary to you and your Husband. Looks like you guys are having a wonderful time as well as an adventure together. I think that is just so awesome. It is really sad that you have to be so careful around due to pick pockets. How shady and just how disappointing all the way around. It sounds like you are both very much in the know about what to look for and keeping yourselves safe. Glad you have had so much fun, and super glad that you are sharing your pictures with us all. I am pretty certain that I won't ever be able to visit Europe in my lifetime, so it is fun to see it through your eyes. Hope you both have a great day and enjoy the time well spent together. Hugs Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa! Sorry about the multiple non- craft related posts. Thanks for leaving such a wonderful comment.
      Yes unfortunately many of the policemen in London and Paris frequently tell the crowds to hold on to their belongings and watch out for pickpockets. They're very sneaky and clever (we saw a group distract a group of tourists in front of the notre dame. :( I'm glad you're enjoying my little photos and daily blog updates. Take care xox grace

      Delete