Sunday, March 9, 2014

retro birthday and recipe

hey crafters! 
Remember my goals for 2014?
To cook healthier foods at home was one of them... so I want to share with you guys my quinoa recipe :)

Veggie Quinoa  
Here's my recipe:
- 1 cup washed regular quinoa and 2 tablespoon red quinoa (I add a little red quinoa to my regular quinoa just to make it look more interesting)
- 2 and 1/8 cups of water
- 1/3 cube of vegetable stock (I get this all natural kind - but you can use any type you like)
- 1/2 can of corn and 1/2 can of mushroom - 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra Virgin olive oil
- dash of salt and pepper
1) warm oil at medium heat... add and sauté garlic for about a minute. Add corn and mushroom and sauté for about 7 minutes. 
2) In a pot, add your washed quinoa and water... Boil and then crumble in your vegetable cube. After, turn the heat down to simmer. It takes about 20 minutes for the quinoa to cook completely and for all the water to be absorbed. 
 3) finally, add your mushroom and corn mixture...and then add salt and pepper. 

Note: you can use any bite sized vegetables in this recipe




here's a quick entry for - retro sketches and TGF - birthday
ENJOY!


here's my card



here's the sketch


2 comments:

  1. Aww!! This card is so cute!! Love that image. Great job with the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete