Tuesday, September 3, 2013

mojo thanks


Hi everyone
Before I show you all my card for Mojo monday and tiddly inks, I just wanted to thank you to of my blogspot and instagram friends for sending their condolences with regards to my late hamster. I would like to send all my love and thanks to all of you. My hubby and I both feel that our hamster is in a better place and she's no longer suffering... We miss her dearly but we both decided that we needed to let her go and that she's having a fun time with God up in heaven and with her new friends across the rainbow bridge.

But we also missed having another heartbeat in the house and having someone to greet us when we arrive at home after a long day at work. So this weekend, my hubby and I went to donate all my hamster's belongings to the SPCA and dropped by the local pet store and  we met little hamster... as we looked at her sad little face, and longing for a family..... my hubby and I looked at each other, discussed everything over breakfast, lunch and dinner ... AND.... we decided to get/adopt her from the store tonight! We just couldn't stand leaving her any longer there.

We named her Georgina or "Georgie" for short =)

I don't know what her breed is... I think she's a mutt... but from what we were told, she was born in June 2013 and she's gray brown with a white patches around her curious eyes...

At first, I didn't think I would be able to love another hamster or even get another pet (we cried for 3 days straight after Oreo died) ... but when we saw Georgie's sad eyes/ and longing for parents, and how she followed us back and forth in her cage... We just knew our beloved Oreo was sending us her blessing from heaven to love another pet as much as we loved her.

So here is the very first photo of the newest addition to our family... Georgie!



So back to the entry
here's my card for Mojo Monday , creative card crew - things with wings (Wryn is holding a little bird) and Tiddly inks - thanks
xoxox

here's my card





here's the sketch



12 comments:

  1. Oh what a very loving thing you did in adopting Georgie. I'm sure she is so glad to have a happy family and she will more than double that happiness back to you! She looks so sweet.
    Your card is amazing! Your coloring skills are so perfect and those papers you used just make that little girl pop off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful new addition to your family! I'm sorry for your loss of Oreo ((hugs)).

    Cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Grace your little Georgie is just too cute and really does look like she needed you both as much as needed her. Sorry to read about Oreo, but I think you are right. She sent your new baby to you. I also just love your card for the day. So cute and great coloring as well. Take care. Hugs Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card and I love your coloring. Congrats on your new furry friend. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Great job coloring.

    Your new hamster is gorgeous and I know she went to a great home.

    Thanks for joining our wing challenge at Creative Card Challenge.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous! I love the black borders - really makes the papers pop.

    Your new little hamster is adorable btw :) I'm glad you have her a new home.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the family, Georgina! Sorry of your loss, Grace. I know that your first baby was so loved and yes, in a better place. I wish you all the best in adopting your newest member of your family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aah, so glad Georgie is with a family now! What a brilliant card for an adoption day too, we can just imagine the birdie as a hamster. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I love the colour of her hair and your papers are gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining the challenge with the Creative Card Crew!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about Oreo but I'm glad you've found a new member of the family in Georgie- it sounds like the perfect match :)

    What an adorable card- thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh this is so adorable!! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks and good luck! :)

    Big Hugs
    xx Tracey xx
    ~TIDT~

    ReplyDelete