Saturday, August 31, 2013

RIP Oreo Hammy

Hi guys
I've just had a terrible end to my week...
my beloved hamster of a little over 2 years, passed away August 29, 2013 from pneumonia and heart failure (according to my vet, these disease are very common in elderly hamsters => my hamster was 84 years old)...
I've never had a pet before that I could hold (I've only had fish in the past) and this is really difficult for me and my husband... I feel all this pain and heartache... I'm sure you all know how much I loved her and frequently posted photos of my hamster here...

Have any of you ever lost a pet? How did you get over the grief of losing your pet? Please please share... I'm trying to distract myself all the time, so I won't constantly cry everywhere I go. (I'm so embarrassed because I catch myself tearing up, even in public and at random times I remember her...) I feel like creating cards occupy my mind and stop me from bursting into tears...

anyways... I want to thank all my instagram and blogspot friends who have sent their love...






4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. She looks absolutely adorable and must have been a sweet companion. Prayers for your comfort and peace for your broken heart. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kathy,
      your prayers really means a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. RIP Oreo. I am sorry for your loss. Prayers are on your way.

    ReplyDelete