Wednesday, April 10, 2013

making cards makes me feel better...

hi guys
So I've had a semi-terrible week... I didn't have a great weekend at a friend's Jack and Jill stag; and caught a cold from a co-worker... my week started with a sore throat and I'm constantly coughing and it keeps triggering my asthma.

anyways, I had spoken to some of my colleagues about a long time friend and how all of us are constantly changing as we grow older, but have you ever had that moment in your life where you realized that maybe a friend has become "toxic"?
I'm not quite sure how I am feeling... a mixture of sadness, surprise and anger... but have you had a moment in your life where you realize maybe it's time to move on or break away from a friend ???
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
I feel sorrow for all those years we've known each other, but I always feel like I'm being taken advantaged of...

anywho... here's my entry for paper smooches... and simon says stamps - flowers
its not my best work because I feel like I've been dragged by wild horses...

here's my card - I used my action wobbles again =)




here's the sketch




6 comments:

  1. Your paper smooches card made me laugh! Been there, done that. You're absolutely right that people change over time. I'm a very different person than I was when I graduated high school. As you get older, you're wiser and have a tendency to know what you want and way you're willing to tolerate. Have you chatted with this friend or spoke up about how you feel? It would be worth it to try and talk about it first. Good luck with your decision. Feel better, girly! Spring weather is weird right now here in Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! That wobbles action is awesome. As for your note regarding friends, I totally understand that. Went through it myself and I firmly believe you need to surround yourself with positive people. Thank you so much for playing along with us at SPARKS challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute card...love the wobbles and your take on the sketch.
    Sorry to hear about your struggles with a friend...it always makes me sad when I realize a friendship isn't working out. It's odd, that years later my heart still breaks when I think of the friends I've lost and the reasons I lost them. There's something to be said for "reconnecting at a later time."
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am LOVING your take on the challenge!! Such FUN details!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Grace, that is one super cute sheep and I love the wobbly eyes.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm a bit late leaving a comment--- LOOOOOOOOOVE your take on this sketch! What a fun use of a wobble action piece!! TOOOO cute:)

    THANKS for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete