Saturday, March 23, 2013

magnetic picture frame

HEY!!!
So I made a magnetic picture frame for the tiddly inks challenge - anything but a card!!!
I hope you all like it!!

here's how I made the magnetic picture frame:

1) I cut a Bazzill dark brown heavy-cardstock into 4x4 squares 
2) I used an exacto knife to cut out a frame inside one of the squares, that's large enough for the photo to be seen through.
3) using my sookwang double sided tape, I attached a piece of clear acetate on top of the rectangular hole I cut out. (this will prevent my photo from falling out of the rectangular hole, as well as, protect my photo from dust/dirt)
4) I placed foam squares on top of the clear acetate and around the rectangular hole, 
(NOTE: as you can see, I didn't adhere any foam squares on the top of the rectangle,
because that's where I'm going to slide my photo into the frame)


 5) then I peeled the backing off my foam squares and adhered my two 4x4 squares together 
(the foam squares will hold my photo in the proper place)
6) after adhering the 2 sides together, you can slip the photo inside the  magnetic picture frame
7) glue a piece of magnet behind the frame


- I used this magnetic adhesive sheet from PROMAG 
to turn this ordinary frame into a magnetic picture frame

  
here's how the magnetic picture frame looks like from the back
(do you see the little magnetic strip on the top of the 4x4 square cardstock...?)


 and here's the final result
HAPPY CRAFTING!!!


8 comments:

  1. That's adorable and super creative! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. squeee! this is so cute and such an amazing idea! going to have to try this one out!!
    thankyou so much for sharing it with us over on the Tiddly Inks challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Grace, this is absolutely stunning. Awesome idea and great work! :-) Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks and I really hope I'd see you again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful picture frame! Thanks for playing at Tiddly Inks Challenge!
    Hugs, Vili M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The is just beyond cute Grace!! I LOVE that you made a frame!! I think your colouring of Wryn is just perfect too! Thank you so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks... Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing idea. I like it!
    Hugs,
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! What a cool idea. I absolutely love how you colored Wryn up as well. Thanks so much for playing with us at Tiddly Inks yet again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome idea Grace!! I'm totally going to have to try this :) Gorgeous coloring- Wryn looks perfect! Thanks for playing at Tiddly Inks...hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete